Developing our Future Scientists
At Telophase, we embrace our inner nerds and seek to share our enthusiasm for Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) with everyone we encounter. Our mission is to foster and develop educational and public outreach opportunities in STEAM fields. By forming strategic partnerships, we aim to broaden the public’s understanding and assist in creating both informal and formal educational opportunities to promote STEAM literacy.
Core Service Areas:
- STEAM Education Programs
- Scientific Public Outreach
- Scientific and Technical Publications
- Internship Lifecycle Management
- Institutional Engagement
How We Do It
- STEAM Education Programs – Telophase executes and manages educational STEAM programs for students ranging from elementary to master degrees. Our programs aim to attract and retain students in STEAM disciplines by energizing science teaching and learning. Telophase assists leaders like NASA in promoting inclusiveness and providing opportunities for minorities, students with disabilities, minority universities, and other target groups to compete for and participate in science missions, research, and education programs.
- Scientific Public Outreach – Telophase works to share the story, science, and technology behind NASA missions to both industry and educational audiences through public outreach. With NASA engineers and scientists, we create licensing and partnerships opportunities for their technologies. Our outreach initiatives include participating in scientific conferences and family science night programs, developing outreach materials, and generating social media content for NASA missions.
- Scientific and Technical Publications – Our talented team serves as ambassadors of NASA’s mission and objectives to the public. From scientific journals, to public facing social media platforms, they work hard to disseminate accurate information wrapped in a compelling story. Their work is often featured on the NASA website, NASA Tech Briefs, Phys.org, and video journalism stories.
- Internship Lifecycle Management – As part of Telophase’s mission in developing the next generation of leaders, we provide full lifecycle internship management for both students and educators. Our past performance in supporting internship programs encompasses online application development, recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, metrics reporting, and workforce planning. Telophase’s recruiting initiatives aim to support the on-going effort to engage and increase underrepresented and underserved participation in STEAM education.
- Institutional Engagement – Telophase supports missions in creating institutional engagements to help build the academic and STEAM research capacity of an institution. As part of these engagements, Telophase provides direct assistance to new and current projects, events, data calls, and reporting requirements for the purpose of engaging and increasing underrepresented and underserved participation. Our expertise includes supporting professional development for STEAM educators, coordinating educational consortiums, and providing logistical support for seasonal engagement programs.
We Make a Difference
NASA is highly committed to ensuring the broadest participation of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) in the Agency’s research and education programs. Telophase collaborated with the Center for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education at Morgan State University to develop curriculum modules using NASA resources linked to a common theme of climate change with the intention of increasing NASA-related STEAM content and pedagogy in the teacher education curriculum.
During the Fall of 2016 the module was scheduled for implementation in two of the four universities, University of Maryland Eastern Shore and Bowie State University. Students received training on site at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in STEAM related content knowledge and resources designed to enhance their preparation in order to become effective and highly qualified teachers.
Click here to learn more about our relationship with NASA GSFC.